Tuesday, June 29, 2010

SPAM SPAM SPAM Reading on SPAM, SPAM, SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

CPSC 430 JOURNAL POSTINGS:

I read the bit on spam, its interesting. Although I still question utilitarianism... measuring happiness seems like a weak idea. The book is mainly right and the logic is for the most part sound. It just feels like its pushing the don't download, don't spam message a little too much. In the one example where it measure the unhappiness of the people who received spam, it gave it a high rating. But I think most people are so used to spam they just ignore it.

I also have religious friends who feel like they will go to hell if they don't forward there religious chain mail to me.

I think this question maybe fixed later on, but with so much of our information online... lots of spam is be targeted now, they know the age group or a interest from a survey or website content. Although I am sure most of it is just random.

No comments:

Post a Comment